From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:47:54 -0400

> Sight lines:    Despite the ESPN reporter's assertion that site
>                        lines were excellent, the number of rows of
>                        empty seats behind the benches is ample
>                        testimony against that.

Although I recognized some long-time FF attendees in those seats, I figured
most of them were the ones reserved for multitudes of NCAA
officials/administrators.  Those are the prime seats, center ice, low rows
at most FFs ... and **always** half-empty at best.   I will never forget
when, a dozen years ago, that such an official mentioned to me that he could
not go that year, but did not want to lose the privilege of getting those
seats and other NCAA perks by having someone (me!) actually use the seats.
My admiration for that administrator, the NCAA and campus athletic
departments has yet to recover.

But I digress, ... I found myself laughing to myself more than once viewing
those empty seats (RS37, RS38, etc.)

Cheers, Wayne