From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 2009 23:47:22 -0400
Thanks for all who participated.
For those interested in the numbers part of the contest, I ran some
comparisons for 2009 against previous contest going back to 2003.

It only took 12 points to win contest 1 this year, the lowest ever. However,
the average number of points in contest 1 this year was 7.89 (out of 22).
This was not the lowest ever (that was 7.69 in 2007). However, the average
number of points in contest 1 for the past 3 years was significantly lower
than the 4 years prior to that.
 I'm not exactly sure whether that is indicative of the large number of
upsets in recent years, whether it indicates more parity among the top teams
or whether we're just getting dumber in our old age.

As usual, if anyone has any suggestions about how to improve the contest,
let me know and I'll see if I can accommodate you.