From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 18:10:18 -0400
Hampton, Nathan E. wrote:
>  And certainly not as bad as the Frozen Four in Albany (the year Ryan Miller won the Hobey) when Friday was nothing but a freezing rain. Rather than go touring like we had in the past, we spent Friday in a mostly empty bar across from the arena (Knickerbockers?) setting up 10 empty beer cups and bowling them down with the waitresses. Actually, one of the most fun days I have ever had at the tournament (obviously I am easily amused).

I remember that weekend vividly.  It was absolutely great.  Wound up a
consulting gig in NYC in time to enjoy the Thursday afternoon Amtrak
ride up the Hudson on a beautiful sunny afternoon.  Got to Albany in
time to pick up a cheap ticket from some Spartans who didn't need theirs
after the first semifinal and spent the evening watching my Wolverines
get bumped by BC.  Had my tent up Friday afternoon and was cozy as could
be in front of the evening campfire.  Spent all of Saturday and Sunday
thankful that it's so easy to avoid the hot sun when you're gliding
through the shade of the greatest cypress forest in the world with 35
other sea kayakers.  Weather was great in Shreveport.  So glad I found
that 6:00 a.m. flight from Albany to DFW.

So, ... some of you actually stayed in that rott'n stinkin' Albany
weather just to watch hockey?

Bob Griebel