From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 01:37:32 +0000
The St. Lawrence Skating Saints opened their 2008-9 hockey season with an exhibition game against the Griffins of the University of Guelph.  Some of the returning upperclassmen for the Saints did not play giving the new players and some returning players a chance to play.

First Period:
 10:07 - SLU - Coughlin from Klancher and Drewiske
 16:28 - SLU - DiMarzo from Coughlin PP
Saves:
SLU - Tisi - 2
UG - Arklie - 17

Second Period:
1:20 - UG - Campbell from Volpe and Belan - PP 5x3
Saves:
SLU - Moss - 8
UG - Arklie - 11

Third Period:
19:25 - UG - Volpe from Nelson (4x4)
Saves:
SLU - Petizian - 6
UG - VanBommel - 4

Overtime:
Saves:
SLU - Petizian -2
UG - Van Bommel - 7N

No shootout was played.

Canton-Potsdam Hospital Skating Saint of the Game: Augie DiMarzo who was playing his first game as a Saint.  He is a Junior who transferred from Union.

Sure is great to listen to hockey.  I certainly hope that my computer doesn't have so many technical problems for the next game.  I hate it when the sound just stops as a player is heading towards the net.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!