From:
"Carol S. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:23:16 -0600
Actually, after Fisher's "performance" (think: wonderful Greg Louganis
type move that wins Olympic medals) on Friday night, I suggested to a
friend that maybe one of our big guys should RUN the goalie Saturday
night, so that Fisher would know how it felt, and not be confused that a
breeze was actually a hit.

Various reports have noted that O'Brien did not alter his
speed/direction before being checked into Fisher.  I really didn't have
a big problem with the 5-for-charging, however I do have a major problem
for a player who is on his back on the ice, helmet off, getting the snot
punched out of him receiving a major for fighting and a DQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another eyewitness account:
"J.P. Testwuide and Ben Gordon were tied up, falling to the ice (as
pretty much everyone on the ice at the time was paired off). Testwuide
landed on top of Gordon and threw at least four punches while Gordon lay
on the ice, trying to cover up. Todd Anderson stood fewer than 2 feet
from it, watching, and not attempting to break it up. Then he proceeded
(among a plethora of other calls) to give both Gordon and Testwuide
penalties for fighting,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anderson did eventually have to stop taking notes, and get on top of
Testwuide and Gordon and wait for help from the other refs. It was
actually comical that we had two of the shortest AR's (in B.Shepherd and
Krieger) trying to break up players who were 6-2 to 6-4.  What a nightmare!

And the Supervisor of the Officials (Greg Shepherd)  was in the pressbox
and was furiously taking notes throughout the game.  I am thinking that
Anderson won't be getting a good report card for that game.

It was clear that both coaches were not pleased with Anderson's
performance, so I think they will be complaining to the Commissioner and
the Head Official about the whole thing.

Personally, I hope we don't have to play Denver again this year.

-Carol, QoGH

--
Carol S. White  =^..^=
GO Gophers!!!

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President.
-- Theodore Roosevelt