From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:45:28 -0600
Bob Woodbury writes:

> Do I detect a small amount of snobbery here? Let's see... your e-mail
> address is e-biev@...I forget. What are the next two letters?

The University of Minnesota was established in Minneapolis in 1851.  The Duluth
campus was added to the system 99 years later.  In athletics, we are Minnesota
and they are Minnesota-Duluth.  This does not detract from my regard for my
colleagues in Duluth, with whom I work on a everyday basis.  Together with the
Crookston, Morris, and Rochester campuses we are the University of Minnesota.
I think it's great that the University of Minnesota has four Division 1 hockey
programs (two men's, two women's).