From:
"Dr. Bob Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:02:07 -0500
Sure wasn't looking for a lesson in institutional arrangements in MN having
lived there for 6+ years.   No where was it suggested that State would be
used in the name.  Why is not the University of Minnesota name used by
Duluth?  On the surface, they are both a University of Minnesota team just
like those two teams in Alaska are both University of Alaska teams. In the
Minnesota case, it seems the first campus gets the name without qualifiers
for its sports teams.  Seems the same in Alaska.  Bob Hamilton
ps.  I do believe that other UofM teams such as Crookston have hockey teams,
just not in Div 1.  And that they use a designation similar in form to that
used by Duluth.

>Bob and others,
>
>In Minnesota there are two separate school systems. One is the University
of
>Minnesota and the other is the State University system. UM-Twin Cities,
>UM-Duluth (UMD Bulldogs) have hockey teams from that system and the other
>two, UM-Crookston and UM-Morris, do not. Of the seven schools from the
State