Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:19:38 -0600
Bob and others,

In Minnesota there are two separate school systems. One is the University of
Minnesota and the other is the State University system. UM-Twin Cities,
UM-Duluth (UMD Bulldogs) have hockey teams from that system and the other
two, UM-Crookston and UM-Morris, do not. Of the seven schools from the State
University system three of them offer hockey, Bemidji State, St. Cloud
State, and Mankato State (which call themselves Minnesota State - Mankato,
but the others use their city name and State together).

As for Alaska, both Fairbanks and Anchorage are both in the University of
Alaska system, so no one has the ability to call itself "State". You have
UAF, no matter what they decide to call themselves, and UAA, Looks like
Fairbanks has the better hockey team this year, but who is better
academically may be different.

A rose is a rose is a rose and by any other name would smell just as sweet.
Same goes for a turd. No matter what politically correct phrase you try and
use, the truth remains.

Nathan Hampton