From:
"Holter, Nancy A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:52:35 -0800
I have never understood the distinction, either. As far back as I can
remember, "fighting" when associated with "Irish" meant drunken brawls.
When associated with "Indian", it meant warrior.  I'd rather be thought
a warrior than a drunken fool.  Please note that I am part Irish as well
as a proud UND alum.

Nancy
UND '70
Go SIOUX!!