From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:17:20 -0500
I think the reason you see the guys holding the cup that way is because it
is so heavy and big.
When they award the cup to the winning team at center ice you see the
players hand to cup off to each other by handing it off sideways.
It seems like they have been doing it this way for years.

Eric J. Burton
(701)-610-9466
http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/