From:
Erik J Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:24:22 -0600
Mark Lewin writes (in part):

> I tuned into WCHC, the Holy Cross student station and
> listened to the broadcast by two Holy Cross students.
> They were in awe of the Sioux, the arena, the intensity of the crowd and
> were very proud that their team had the opportunity to play in the
> tournament.  They criticized their team when it was warranted and praised
> their opponents when it was deserved.  In other words, the amateurs were
> truly professional.  Maybe it was because they are young and inexperienced
> and haven't been taught yet that the best way to build your team up is to
> tear down your opponents.

Paula and I also listened to that broadcast.  The announcers were delightful.
During their pregame show, we got to hear the replay of HC's overtime goal
against the Gophers.  Wow!  They made Al Michaels sound like he was announcing
a golf match at Lake Placid in 1980.

I should probably put this in a separate message, but I do want to acknowledge
the splendid effort put forth by Holy Cross in both games.   They showed that
they truly belonged in the tournament.  I'm sorry they didn't make it to
Milwaukee.

-- Erik