From:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Geringer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:49:23 -0500
Normally, school sponsor regional and national championships-this is done in virtually all sports, including the NCAA Division I basketball tournament.

Each school must make all the arrangements for hosting the event, supply the necessary manpower, and conform to all NCAA rules and regulatrions. In addition, each school must submit a financial bid to the NCAA and guarantee 75 per cent of that bid. In other words, if you get a regional and can't sell enough tickets to make it, your school takes the hit.

Sometimes, conferences will sponsor regionals and/or national championships (I believe that College Hockey America is hosting the NCAA Frozen Four in St. Louis). In addition, sometimes schools and/or conferences will act as co-hosts.