From:
Miller-Mackinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:56:33 -0500
Mary Beth and I spent some quality time in Las Vegas last weekend.  Caught
the Las Vegas Wranglers ECHL game as well.  Bally's/Ceaser's/Paris/Hilton
and the Flamingo allowed Phrozen Phour futures wagering.

Either they suckered me in on some enticing bets or they don't get much
college puck action (probably both).  I list the USCHO Pwr ratings from
today and the futures bet.

1.	Minnesota	5/1
2.	Wisconsin	2/1
3.	Miami		8/1 (All Others)
4.	BU		50/1
5.	MSU		100/1
6.	CC		4/1
7.	Cornell	5/1
8.	Harvard	25/1
9.	UNO		250/1
10.	NoDak		15/1
11.	Maine		18/1
12	Michigan	6/1
13.	BC		9/2
14.	Dartmouth	200/1
15.	Sacred H.	300/1
16.	UAH 		300/1

17.	Holy Cross	100/1

Immediately the BU (50/1) and Michigan State (100/1) numbers beckoned.  I
searched for 3rd ranked Miami which does not appear anywhere on their board
(hence an "All Others 8/1 Bet") even though teams like Robert Morris
(300/1), USAFA (300/1) Union (250/1) and Wayne State (300/1) all got some
their own line.

Other interesting tidbits.... Teams favored over or equal to #4 BU (50/1)
St. Lawrence 	30/1
Denver		9/1
Ohio State		20/1
Bemidji St.		40/1
Colgate 		18/1
Vermont		12/1
UNH			18/1
Providence		30/1
St. Cloud St	50/1
Clarkson 		50/1

Teams Favored over or equaled to #5 PWR Michigan State
Northern Mich	75/1
UAF			100/1
UMD			100/1
Niagara		75/1
Holy Cross		100/1

Simply put, Vegas believes that Wisconsin never leaving the state gives them
so one sided an advantage, they remain the heavy chalk.  I thought it
amazing that if you picked any other team to win besides the Badgers,  you
would at least quadruple your money.

Thoughts?