From:
"Carol S. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:38:05 -0500
Here is an interesting tidbit from Charlie Walter's column (6/22/05)
 in the St Paul Pioneer Press:

Minnesota Wild president-general manager Doug Risebrough, speaking
Tuesday at the Minnesota Associated Press Sports Association annual
meeting in Minneapolis, on the possibility of the National Hockey League
reducing the size of goaltenders' equipment: "Everyone's got a goalie
coach now. They don't need bigger equipment, except all the goalie
coaches are telling them how to make their equipment bigger.

"Goalies have been cheating for years. Nobody wanted to confront them.
First of all, they're temperamental. They're the spoiled child right
down to the 'T.' I understand that they're the ones who get blamed when
the (other) team scores a goal, so it's a combination of their
temperament and the position they play. But they've been cheating for
years."

Any comments?

I have heard lots of complaints of the pads being too big, but not
knowing exactly how big/large they are supposed to be, I have no
idea.... some goalie's pads do "look" bigger than others....

Carol
GO Gophers!!!