From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:03:20 -0500
Ok, in follow up to ice width discussion being pursued by Greg Ambrose and
Clay Satow, here is my first crack at revising a spreadsheet that I began
last year to compile data from the USCHO Website about Div 1 home hockey
rinks.

Wayne kindly posted the spreadsheet on his server, with link below. Please
let me know where you find errors, and please provide any building dates,
which appear to be especially sparse on the USCHO Website for rinks
outside the Northeast. Either Wayne or I can update the spreadsheet
periodically.

But, first, try this little quiz before you open the attachment.

1. How many Div 1 home rinks have widths greater than 97 feet, and name
them?

2. How many Div 1 home rinks have a seating capacity greater than 10,000,
and name them?

3. How many Div 1 home rinks have a seating capacity greater than their
student body enrollment, and name them?

4. What is the most popular Div 1 team nickname? Second most popular
(two-way tie)? What other pairs of teams share a nickname?

5. Which Div 1 college hockey institution has the youngest founding date,
and what is it? Oldest founding date, and what is it (too easy)?

Cheers,

Thom Davis, UNH71 Go Cats!

Hi Thom,

Your spreadsheet is available now at

   ftp://wts.unet.maine.edu/Hockey/USCHORinks.xls

Please tell the Hockey-L folks about it!

Wayne