From:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:54:51 -0000
What did Minneapolis do to deserve this?  On the same weekend, we get a
double shot of cheeseheads from the East for the basketball tournament
(Wisconsin and Marquette) at the Dome and now we get the invasion from the
west as well over at Mariucci.  It could (will?) get ugly.

Maybe the secret is that we have to pit the NoDaks against the
Cheeseheads, and stay out of the way...let nature (and grain alcohol) take
its course.  This could be the end of all our troubles, if we just  play
our cards right!  Again, I say, Citizens of Rube Nation, Unite!

Okay, this is insiding for anybody not residing in a 55xxx ZIP code.
Seriously, come to Minneapolis, the weather's great!  And we have skyways!
 And a shopping mall!  And the river isn't frozen anymore!

Mike Abegg

set pathetic_attempt_at_humor = OFF
set get_back_to_work_and_stop_screwing_around = ON

-----Begin Quoted Message------
J. Michael Neal said, starting with a quote from Joe LaCour:

> Can anyone crunching numbers see how the committee decided on a BU-Harvard
> rematch and sending Maine west instead of BC?  Was attendence a factor?
> Looking at some of the matchups almost guarentee full houses for all the
> games:
> I guess the only 2-3 matchup that may have problems with seating is
Maine -
> NoDak.

Ferris-NoDak won't have any ticket selling problems.  For one, they're sold
as a package, so the Minnesota fans will all buy tickets to the first game
even if they don't go.  Second, Nodaks will come down in droves.

J. Michael Neal