From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:04:51 -0400
To change the subject a bit.  It was my impression from TV that this game
was not an exhibition of great goaltending.  As Tony Buffa pointed out,
Yeats looked very nervous in the beginning but settled down fine in the
latter stages of the game.  Some of his saves were high quality, but some of
the goals that went in were ones he probably wants back.  I really think
that if Morrison had been in net Maine would have won the whole shebang.

Hauser -- he wins the 2002 Scott Clemmenson award (kudos to J. Michael Neal
who predicted this award).  Never (at least since 4/2001) has a much
maligned goalie won so much doing so little.  One goal was nice (#1) , one
goal was UGLY (#3) and one was an oops (#2).   I am tempted to venture that
Minnesota won in spite of the goaltender, not because of him.

Good, entertaining, final.  Hats off to St. Paul for doing a good job.

C Ya next year in Buffalo.

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77/78
2003 on the way to Div III!