From:
Margaret Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:51:27 EST
Topic:  Which is worse, recruiting foreigners to play college puck in the
U.S.or recruiting 20-year old freshmen from juniors.

Thoughts from a psycho-lunatic hockey mom:

Who wants an education and is willing to play -- and work and study?

Seems to me if a "junior" has finally seen the light (.. that he might need to
be prepared for life after hockey .. ) why should he be penalized?  An
education IS valuable and, sad as it is, hockey does end -- sometimes much too
soon!

As to "foreigners" -- Isn't the good ole U.S. of A the Land of Opportunity?
Some of my  distant relatives landed at Plymouth Rock . . . but they were
foreigners to the natives!  Weren't we all foreigners at one time?

If you're good, you're good -- regardless of age.  Talent -- and heart --
always win out!  I vote for the guy who has a work ethic!  And that
trandscends "juniors" and "foreigners"

Take off, eh?!