From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:54:07 -0500
I have come up with a workable solution for the 2nd NCAA pool.
It involves specifying scores for each game (actually just goal
differentials). I am making up an entry form and instructions
which will be posted tonight.

Although there will be 2 pools (#1 using roughly the same criteria)
as last year, there will only be one entry form. Some items will
be mandatory (e.g. winner of each game). Other items will be mandatory
for pool 1 (e.g. total goals). Other items will be mandatory for pool
#2 (e.g. goal differentials). If you fill everything in, you automatically
get entered in both pools. If you don't want to mess around with goal
differentials, then don't fill in that part and you will only go into
pool #1.

I will send out an entry form and instructions + an explanation of how
the pool will be judged.

I have no idea how many entries to expect so I cannot predict how
soon the results will be posted after the finals. One thing I can guarantee,
if you nag me that I'm taking too long, I WILL take that into account
when calculating the scores.

By the way, the United Fish-Store Owners of Albany congratulate the NCAA
Selection Committee and look forward to the arrival of the UNH Wildcats.
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69