From:
Matthew J Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew J Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 21:52:14 -0600
        I agree with the other posts on the blatant miscall by Buzz
Christiansen.  Crowley is lucky to be in one piece.  Although, it fits
right in with the way he called the rest of the game.  And come to think
of it, that's also how Friday's game went.  Both teams were
getting away with murder.  A slash here and a hook or cross check there,
ol' Buzzy missed them all.  On Saturday morning, I heard Woog say that
at the end of every season, the WCHA rates their refs and Buzzy is
always near or at the bottom.  The thing is, he is such a good person,
everybody loves him, plus he's been around forever.  To be fair to Buzz,
it was in the last minute of the game and the Gophers should not have
been in the position they were in.  Why is it the Gophers always make
heroes out of the opposing goalers?  Even ordinary ones.  They get the
shots off, but can't score.