From:
Rob Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 21:10:49 -0600
You know what?  Nothing in the (hockey) world will please me more than
seeing the group of thugs that calls themselves a hockey team at NMU
leaving the WCHA.  The so called referees did absolutely nothing to help
either.  Mike Crowley, who deservedly attracts a lot of physical attention,
was on the losing end of a very hard check from behind about 1.5 feet from
the boards.  No penalty call.  Why?  The chicken *** (pardon my french)
ref's wouldn't call anything with <1:00 left.  Haven't they learned that
getting hit from behind like that ends careers and possibly lives?  This
was after Wyatt Smith received a seperated shoulder from a check from
behind (that did get called) earlier in the game. Northern plays a stupid
kind of hockey, a lot of stickwork and a lot of cheapshots.  Enjoy them
CCHA, I know I won't miss seeing them.