From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:57:21 -0500
Hi John,

    I'll only post my response to yours on Hockey-L, since you didn't post
your reply there. Hockey-L'ers will have to speculate on what John said
to generate this reply.

    O.k., did you see the game at B.C.? Mich. State did a great job of
coming back in this one. I wouldn't call B.C. a mediocre team. Maybe it'll
take a full season to convince the doubters, but B.C. is a highly skilled
squad. Bowling Green certainly took it to them, but I suspect it was a
case of early season problems ... the kind that dissipate and dissappear.
Isn't Mich. State 5-0 excluding those Boston games?

   What does N.Dakota's 95-96 road schedule have to do with 96-97?
Just because the WCHA HARDLY ever travels east, I'm not sure why
they're performance in losing to B.U. last year contributes to the pollsters
assessment this year. Any pollsters care to comment?

   I'll agree with you about LSSU's smart non-conference scheduling year
after year. But, each year's performance should be considered for that
year only. If that was the case, then Lowell should be in the top ten
simply on their performance against MSU in the tourney games of 94 and
96. By the way, Northeastern's victory on Sunday may have something
to do with those Lowell victories.

Thanks for the reply.

- Paul.