From:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Frolik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 10:03:15 -0500
>Does anyone know if in a non-DivI school that plays Div-I hockey (e.g.,
>RPI, LSSU, etc.), a scholarship hockey player is also allowed to play
>another sport on an intercollegiate level?  Years ago, I know of a few
>cases when RPI hockey players played other sports, but I haven't heard
>about one in many years.  Div-3 rules do not allow scholarships, so I
>could see perhaps a scholarship hockey player not being permitted to
>play on a Div-3 baseball or lacrosse team.
>
>Ralph Baer
>RPI '68, '70, '74

Well, a few years ago (1992-4?), Derek Plante played baseball in the spring
after hockey was done.  This was when UMD was NAIA though, not NCAA D-II.
I haven't had time to really follow any spring sports at UMD this year, so
I can not tell you if anyone did it this year, or since the D-II upgrade.

Tony