From:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 15:30:21 EST
Pam Sweeny's post stated that recent UofM recruit Dave Sphear
"shoots right-handed" made it sound like that was something unique, which
made me wonder (since I have a 3-year old just starting hockey).............

For you players and coaches out on the list:

When you learned (or teach youngsters) how to hold a stick and shoot a
forehand shot, is it with the left hand down on the stick and the right
hand up at the top (ie, "left-handed") or vice versa ("right-handed")?

Which way do the majority of hockey players shoot, or is there a preference?

If you are a "right-handed" person (ie, write, bat, throw, golf) right-handed
and you play hockey, do you usually hold a hockey stick and shoot that way?