From:
Eric Maiwald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Maiwald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 19:39:57 -0500
I don't usually chime in on issues raised on this list but this one has
hit a nerve.

I don't understand why it matters which sports have bands and which don't.
When I was at RPI (1983-1987) we had a Pep Band.  The band played for football
and men's hockey games.  At one point there was an attempt to create a
basketball pep band but it failed due to lack of student interest.

Now the pep band was funded by the student union and managed and directed by
students.  How is it discrimation if the students chose to play at the men's
games and not the women's?  Or how is it discriminatory if we chose to play
at the men's hockey games but not at the women's swimming meets?

Eric
Confused in Maryland
Eric Maiwald                                          [log in to unmask]
"So many hobbies, so little time"  PGP 2.6.2 Public Key Available on Request