From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:44:41 -0400
At 01:48 PM 10/27/95 -0400, you wrote:

>Anybody hazard to guess at the reason for poor attendance?  Thursday night?
>Too long of a drive?  The fact that the Palace is out in the middle of nowhere
>and it's really a pain in the rounded padded thing that holds up the rest of
>the weight of the body when seated to get out of there in any time under an
>hour?  (Unless they really did some major road work since I've been there
last.)
>Two bad teams?  (Just kidding. ;-))

It was definately the fact that the game wasn't that interesting.. *smile*.
I think it's a lot of things.  I don't know if the game was blackout in
Michigan, perhaps it should have been TV wise (not so much by my opinion,
but could have been a reason for poor attendence).  It also (believe it or
not) could have held less local interest than MSU/LSSU since Munn sold
out..for the 169th straight time.  Perhaps many people lost some interest
when Michigan lost to Western?  I personally can't talk about a drive,
because I have no idea about Michigan, never having been there in my life.
It could also be that it's World Series time.

Personally I think it was a good game, but that it should have been
scheduled at a time when no other game (especially a game with local
interest) was taking place.  I also agree with whomever said that Michigan's
team defense won the game, having mulled over the loss for a day, I would
concur with that statement as well.
---
Deron [log in to unmask]

--> University of Maine Hockey (2-1-0)
--> http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
--> Owner/GM/Coach:  Maine Mariners (EHH Fantasy)
--> http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/ehh.html