From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 01:25:06 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "Tyler S. Cyr"
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>I agree wholeheartedly with Steve.  Another thing that he didn't even
>mention was that there was a giant get well card set up in the stadium
>for people to sign.  I would've made a nice feature during a time out or
>something.

I disagree. Monday Night Football is a pro football broadcast. Roy's
story is a human interest and hockey story. Should Roy's plight be
mentioned during the World Series? No, because the World Series is
baseball, not hockey.

The story is more appropriate for something like ABC's World Wide
Sports, an NHL broadcast, a morning TV "news" show, or the nightly
news. (NBC ran a story about it at the end of its Oct. 24 broadcast.)

As Mike pointed out, if Monday Night Football had mentioned Roy's
story, then there would be an avalanche of people clamoring to
have other stories mentioned.
Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney
http://maine.maine.edu/~rrobbi32/____________________________________