From:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 14:51:32 -0400
I've heard from people that have been here at Cornell thorugh the years
that the cheers get more vulgar, as the team gets worse.  The team is still
at one of its low points, and hence the three years I have been here have been
pretty rude.  Moore, the new athletic director as of half way thorugh last
season along with our new coach, have announced they will really try to improve
the quality fo the cheers in Lynah this year.  In some ways this is good, but
they also want to get rid of ALL negative cheers.  Even the Elliot-Idiot chant.
I agree that some of the rude cheers can go, but there is nothing wrong with
an occasional black-hole goalie cheer.

Tark McMains  Cornell '96
Sharkin' it up 1995 -- Let's Go Red!