From:
Chris Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:09:06 PDT
Rochester Americans (AHL) and Ex-Minn goaltender Rob Stauber scored a
goal in the closing seconds of yesterday's 5-2  victory over the P.E.I.
Senators. It was only the 3rd time in AHL history that a goaltender
accomplished this feat.

With the Senator's net empty, the puck squirted free from a mass of
players near the Amerk's blue line. Stauber raced out to the hashmarks
between the faceoff circles and quickly wristed a shot over the players
that settled in the Senator goal 170 feet away.

In an interview after the game, Stauber commented that he had come
close once in college in a game against Mich. Tech, but had been denied
by a lunging Tech player.

Senator's coach Dave Allison was quoted as saying "We can use him on
our power play."

Stauber, who was traded to Buffalo from LA last season in exchange for
Grant Fuhr, was assigned to Rochester last week. Word his that he and
Steve Shields (Michigan) will share the goaltending duties for
Rochester for the forseeable future.

Chris Lerch