From:
Jerry Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 08:26:57 -0500
Loius Arena (JLA):

As you may or may not be aware, the Norris Center is being renovated to
the tune of some $6 million.  A side-note to this renovation includes a
new contract with the same vending company which is in place at JLA.  The
deal is basically this.  The agreement goes something like this, but
please don't quote because I may have some things incorrect.  LSSU gets
cash up-front, a percentage of the concessions, and we get Little
Ceasar's pizza at home games (Mike Ilitch owns the concession company as
well as Little Ceasar's).  In return, LSSU gives up its home game against
either Michigan State or Michigan for the next ten years.  This year it's
State, next year Michigan, and so on...  So, as you see, the driving
force is $$$, not appeasement of Mason.  Besides MSU kicks our butt each
time they come up here.

Hope this proves helpful

Jerry Stephens
LSSU - 1986