From:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 08:12:12 EDT
*** Resending note of 09/15/95 07:49

The recent posts asking for Maine's ticket office phone number, and an
invitation by a UMASS-AMHERST fan to all of us to watch some away games there
has got me wondering.................

How many of the Division I programs are complete season ticket sell-outs?
I have spent the last 8 years living in East Lansing watching Michigan State
Hockey, but was only able to do so because my wife was attending school, and
they set aside a block of seats (maybe 1,000 out of the total 6,600 capacity)
for students.  Even so, selection for students was by a lottery because demand
far outnumbered supply (40,000+ student body).  They even sell season-ticket
standing room seats!

I recently moved back home to Upper Michigan and got season tickets for my alma
mater's games (Northern Michigan) on the blue line the first year, and their
arena seats only 4,000 (student body 7,000).  So, it is strictly urban vs rural
campuses, competition for ticket-holders with other games in town, etc, etc??).
Any HOCKEY-L'ers out there want to brag about their favorite team's
season-tickets sales?  It seems that many of the East's rinks are smaller
(2,000 - 4,000)...is that true?  Does any "plain ol' Joe" off the street stand
a chance at watching a Div. I hockey game by walking up to the ticket window?

Todd (NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY 1991 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS) GO 'CATS GO!