From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1993 10:13:25 EDT
There has indeed been college hockey at the Riverfront Coliseum.  I believe it
was in 1989 that Cornell, OSU, Miami, and a fourth team (BGSU?) played there in
a holiday tournament.  (Cornell lost to Miami and beat OSU in the consolation
game if I remember correctly.)  The tournament was played in Cincy at the
Coliseum though.  To my knowledge, that is the only time Cincy has ever had
college hockey, and I am pretty amazed they landed the 1996 finals myself.
However, with the popularity of the Cyclones (IHL), I think it has a reasonable
chance of drawing well.  I think there would be a lot of curiosity about the
college game there.

--
        *        Dave [log in to unmask]         *
        *                  Cornell '91 OSU Med '95                     *