From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1993 16:27:40 -0400
Including incoming freshmen, I counted just 12
ECAC players in this year's NHL draft. I don't
have the full list, but some highlights that I
remember:

Vincent Auger was the only Cornellian drafted,
going in the ninth round to Quebec.

The Flyers drafted both Aaron Israel and Tripp
Tracy (Harvard's sophomore goaltenders).

Todd Marchant (Clarkson) went surprisingly late
(eighth round or so, I believe). I always liked
Todd, and I think the knock on his size is
unjustified.

Two other Knights, both incoming players, went,
along with Philpott (Harvard) and John Emmons
(Yale).

Sorry, I don't recall any others off the top of my
head (though there was one Princeton player).

There being only twelve draftees reflects the lack
of enthusiasm pro scouts have lately shown for
ECAC prospects. Considering that just 3 years ago
one team (Cornell) alone had 14 draftees (including
Supplemental picks) on its roster at the same time,
the league's stock has certainly dropped.

Oh well. Everything is cyclical.

- Greg