From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 02:54:37 EST
I don't know what you mean by a standard size rink.  The NCAA rule book
says - "As nearly as possible, the dimensions of the rink shall be 200feet long and 100 feet wide."

I don't have any rink sizes available, but there are few, if any, college
hockey rinks of that size. Worse than that, I doubt that you can find any
two rinks that are the same size and especially if you consider
recommendations including the radius of corners (20' recommended), the
distance behind the goal line (15'), the placement of player's benches
and a few other such things.  In any case 200x85 is not a standard size
by any standard that I know of, unless it is common practice er s'mpn.

I think pro rinks are probably that size for the most part (partly to
keep players close so they can grab the opposition and fight with them
rather than skate {;-^)}--).    I think 200x100 is teh prescribed
Olympic size, but I can't quote a source at the moment.