From:
"Lowell D. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lowell D. King
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:01:33 -0900
I'm aware that this has been done in the WCHA on a regular
basis. I think it's traditional. It is done whenever the Championship
team wins sufficient points to insure winning the title - regardless of
who they are playing. There's an award ceremony, sort of a skate
around like the Stanley Cup, team pictures are taken, and so forth.
Often, the losing team stays out on the ice until the award is completed
to honor the champion. The league commissor attends those games
where the championship may be won and then presents the trophy

Lowell King (note to Deron - this message 'should be - hopefully' in proper
format)