From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1992 04:31:24 EST
This season, Notre Dame travelled to Switzerland over the holiday break.  I
was wondering if Coach Schafer could post how his team did there and
scores of any games that ND will be counting in its overall record?  Thanks.

Watching Maine defenseman Chris Imes play tonight, I was struck by how much
he seems to have improved.  That reminded me of something Jack Parker said
about the World Juniors - he said that his BU players who played for the
bronze-medal winning US team had returned as much better players.  Those
were Rich Brennan, John Lilley, & Mike Prendergast.  Imes and of course Mike
Dunham left Maine to play for the US in that tourney, too.  After reading
how Chris said BU seems to be an unexpectedly very good team, I think maybe
it's worth considering that BU and Maine could be teams to watch partly
because of the experience these players gained in Germany.

The two top players for the US in the juniors, Chris and Peter Ferraro, are
the subject of one of the most intense recruiting fights ever.  Over 20
DivI teams have been vying for their services, as they are considered by
many to be the #1-2 players available.  And they are a package - they plan
to attend college together.  Should be interesting to see where they end up.

I asked Maine SID Matt Bourque about the kid from Maine who broke the state
high school goal-scoring record - he says that while the kid is good, he
may not quite be a DivI player.  I guess he is playing in a very weak league
which has enabled him to rack up all those goals.

Finally, congratulations to Union for its first ECAC win!  Now go get
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]