From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 01:45:33 -0800
Sara asked for a comment on the game.  I was there and I have to say that
it was pretty sad...SLU dominated the first two periods...Colgate was
credited with something like 30 shots through 2 periods and I simply
could not believe it;)  Colgate might have had 3 good scoring
opportunities through the first 2 periods...but, the game was a
blow-out-in-progress...and then the SLU goalies had to show up;)  Bracco
let in a pretty soft goal about :30 into the third and he just fell apart
after that...SLU didn't play particularly well in the third, but no where
near badly enough to lose a 3 goal lead...the goals were just more and
more demoralizing as the period went on (demoralizing because 2 should
not have even been a problem to save)...if I had just sat back and
watched without the scored known, I would say that the 3rd period was
pretty even...Was just a nice way to show just how badly the SLU goalies
can really play:)  It just seems to me that any game you can hold Harder
to 1 pt (this may not be the official talley, but from the goal
announcements, he only had 1 assist), you are doing something really
right...

Kevin Todd
SLU '96