From:
Steven Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:59:51 -0500
few things.  I was in a perfect position to see Botterill's phantom goal.  I
saw it hit the  upper pipes and come down outside of the goal crease line.  I
was hoping that the refs would not have seen it that good and would call it a
goal because we really needed it at that time.  I said to everybody
instantly, that's not a goal and I saw the ref with his hands up as opposed
to pointing in the net signaling a goal.  And it was Botterill that shot, not
Bubba.

Muckalt, one of my favorite players, did his Dave Rozema imitation by taking
a flying, running leap into the BG crowd.  Rozema broke his leg when he did
that and Billy was lucky to not have hurt himself on that stupid play.

Coach Buddy completely lost control of his team the last couple of minutes
(that literally lasted 30 minutes).  Shame on him.

I think the crowd at Yost got to the BG players and all the fighting broke
out a couple of minutes after the crowd was chanting "4 straight losses!"
 Other teams should realize by now that Yost arena is very UM-friendly and
the most obnoxious place for opposing teams to play at.

It should be very interesting to see how UM plays "short-handed" against MSU
this Friday.  I will also be at the BG game and I hope that BOTH teams play
hockey and not stupid fighting.

Steve Bartley