From:
Brian Bimberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Bimberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 00:16:32 -0500

> .
> >Can anybody tell me what was illegal about the curvature of Cronan's stick?
> >And how exactly does one spot such a thing during a game?
>
> How do you notice ?  Train someone in the stands to look over the
> opponent's stick area on their bench, then report their findings to your
> team room or the "eye in the sky" during the game.

Another way of noticing this is to check the players broken sticks before
a game.  The way to get a hold of one is, when you are playing them at
home, you can get it from the garbage.  The refs might hand it to someone
who works in the arena, who then could keep it.  Of course both teams
know of this possibility, so that could limit the success of this idea.
I have heard of this happening.

Brian