From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1991 11:35:14 EST
I'll try to provide some insight (my own opinions) into the North Country
games this weekend.

Clarkson: Clarkson starts off its season at home against Vermont.
Clarkson has a home unbeaten streak from the latter half of the '89-'90
season.  (I don't know how many games.)  They will be playing their
second game in the new arena.  The team looked good in its two wins
against BC and Lowell, but aweful during the loss to NE.  I heard that
the power play unit was ineffective against NE, including 5 on 3
situations.  From what I've gathered, the team will have to watch itself
in taking penalties and try and get the power play unit scoring.  Also,
looking at the shots allowed at NE, 40 or so, Clarkson's defense will
have to be a lot more stingy.

Dartmouth: Dartmouth starts the season under new head coach Roger
Demmet (sp?).  The team would like to forget lasts year's winless season
and start off right this year.  However, a win this weekend will be
tough, being on the road at two contending schools.  At the end of last
season, Dartmouth just missed beating Clarkson.  Clarkson had to
struggle to tie the game and back into the regular season champion spot.

SLU:  It appears that SLU has hit its stride with the win at NE, after
losing to BC at home and struggling to beat Lowell away.  SLU's offense
appears to be on now, but the goal tending is still a question.  We
should know tonight after the UVM game.  SLU will have to make sure that
their offense is on when they play UVM because they (and Clarkson) will
have to capitalize on all scoring chances.

UVM:  UVM looks to be on a roll now, and as mike said, should challenge
for the top spots this year.  They finished last season with a big
weekend at Cornell and Colgate.  They also forced a mini-game in the
ECAC quarter-finals at SLU.  UVM beat BC by the same score as Clarkson
did, so the UVM games should be the closer games this weekend.  I hate
to say it, but, UVM will probably come away with a few points this
weekend.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...