From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 18:33:05 +0001
I haven't seen this mentioned on HOCKEY-L since it made both the main
Boston papers, so I am passing it along:  Former Boston College
defenseman Pat Schafhauser has sustained a serious injury while playing
for the Switzerland National Team in Nottwil, Switzerland.  Schafhauser
is 24 years old, 6-foot-2-inch, 195-pounds, and played at BC during the
1989-1991 seasons (57 games).  He played for Hill-Murray in St. Paul, MN.

Apparently Schafhauser crashed head first into the boards during a game
on Wednesday, December 6.  The preliminary report is that he is paralyzed
from the waist down.  I have not seen a followup on this -- perhaps
someone has more up-to-date information?

(The information is from John Connolly's article in the Boston Herald
issue of December 9, 1995, p. 9.)
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
Read the FAQ!!!                    A worried BC fan.  GO EAGLES!