From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 11:48:00 PST
I wholeheartedly agree with Mike.
What's going on, anyway, on the list this year?
It's far more provincial than last year, and there's lots of trashing going
on.
Being separated from the game this year, I really look forward to finding
out about the games.
John H.'s post on the UM-MSU game was exceptional; it was the next best
thing to being there.
Deron Treadwell does a fine job reporting on Maine.
Mike does a great job with Merrimack.
Greg Finess adds color to the MSU reports.
Let's celebrate the game and let the teams fight it out on the ice.
I think we're all on the list because we love college hockey.
We should appreciate each other for that fact alone.
Sorry to preach, but if this continues, like John, I'm going to limit or
eliminate my posts.
Unfortunately, if enough people like John H. do that, there's going to be
nothing left but the trash talk, and who wants a list like that?
It's the game we're about, right?
Steve Klein
 ------------
From Mike Machnik:
And you know what...even if John said it was HIS opinion that Michigan
would win 7 of 10...so what!  I don't think there is any excuse at all
for the way in which people have reacted to his post.  Childish is the
first word I can think of to describe the whole thing.  Immature is
the second.
It would be one thing if people simply responded by trying to make a
case for why they think 7 of 10 wasn't a valid assessment of the way
the teams matched up.  But far too many people have clearly taken the
comment personally and responded with flames.  There is no excuse for
that.  It was not warranted.