From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 22:58:52 GMT
Just some stuff I thought I'd pass around to all interested.

1) Head Coach Dan Fridgen signed a three-year extension on Monday, terms
undisclosed.  Dan, one year ago was seriously considering quitting coaching
if he did not get the head coaching job at RPI.

2) The ECAC Championship Banner was raised Wednesday afternoon in the
Student Union.  This mainly because the seniors wanted to see it raised
while they were still on campus.  An emotional scene as all the seniors
gave hugs to their teammates and a few shed tears (I won't mention who).

3) Assistant Coach Jim Hughes was recently hired as the Head Coach of the
New Jersey Rockin' Rollers of the IRHL.  He replaces Nick Fotiu.  I was
told today that Kelly Askew is a strong candidate to make this team, and
Craig Hamelin is considering it as well.

4) According to sources, only 1 recruit has signed on to play at RPI
for the next season.  It is a center at Northwoods, no name, I couldn't
remember it.

5) Wayne Clarke tried it with the St John Maple Leafs, and was invited
back to fall training camp.

6) Craig Hamelin is mulling over an offer to play in Sweden.

7) (alum stuff) Ron Pasco was recently the top scorer for the Tallahasee
Tiger Sharks in their ECHL playoff run, but were eliminated in the semis.

8) Xavier Majic continues to shine as Fredericton advances to another
series in the AHL Playoffs.  Fredericton is now in the AHL Semifinal
Playdown series after defeating PEI.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *