From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 13:57:27 -0500
On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Erik Biever wrote:
>>  Can anyone else confirm this ??  Is this the "1995 wrinkle" that the
>> NC$$ Selection Committee has thrown into the mix, a follow-up to the
>> "1994 wrinkle" that resulted in RPI playing at home in Albany rather
>> than being sent west to play LSSU as their place in the RPICH rankings
>> would otherwise have dictated ??
>
> Yes, I can confirm it.  I wasn't in on the conference call, but I've
> talked to someone who was.  That's how it's going to work.  If Clarkson
> wins the ECAC tourney, they will get the #1E or #2E seed.

  This is disgraceful !!!  I can understand them being ranked ahead of UNH
as #3, but there's *NO WAY* they deserve a #1 or #2 bye !!! Now I'm really
rooting for Clarkson and BU to win the ECAC and HE Tourneys, to watch (a)
S. Walsh go ballistic at getting the #3 seed instead of the bye with the
#2 seed, (b) RPI/Princeton getting a bid, knocking the MSU/BGSU semi-final
loser right out of the NCAAs (or maybe BOTH of them if LSSU stays hot and
wins the CCHA tourney), (c) Buddy Powers going ballistic at the prospect
of BGSU with Hobey-designate Holzinger not getting a chance to advance to
Providence despite a high RPICH rating, (d) The Woogster moaning about
CC/Minn having to play Wisconsin at home in the DCC to get the West #2
seed, and (e) J. Jackson's LSSU team smugly accepting a bid at BGSU's
expense, whose RPICH ratings were hurt considerably by graciously
accepting extra games with Ohio State ("for the good of Ohio hockey")
when the Kent State program folded, dragging down BGSU's RPICH rating
despite *sweeping* the Buckeyes.

  And, lest we forget, PC or Lowell could win the HE Tournament !?!

  Anticipating some fun on HOCKEY-L in the next few weeks - Jim
  Go Blue !!