From:
Greg Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 17:26:50 -0500
If Parker had benched everyone on the team who already has a DQ, he would
have an awfully short bench.  I can remember at least five players who
have gotten fighting majors, plus the injuries to Rausch and Pandolfo.

Fighting DQs:

Sylvia and Kealty vs. UMass Amherst on November 18th
Grier             vs. BC            on January  21st
Wright and Pierce vs. Merrimack     on February 25th
        Kelleher had a game misconduct vs Merrimack, but not a fighting major.

Parker did seem to use the 3rd and 4th lines more in the 3rd, especially
on the powerplay.  He did play Joubert and Prendergast a bit on the PP,
giving them a chance to finish hat tricks, which Prendergast did.

Grier did play throughout the game (considering he had over 20 mins in
penalties - see original post).  My guess is that Parker wanted to get
the "Red" line going/keep them sharp.  They only accounted for one goal
on Saturday (Thornton)  Grier did continue to hit aggressively and has
demonstrated enough restraint over the last six weeks that Parker
apparently feels confident leaving him out there.

Parker would have had to do so much shuffling and bench shortening
without 7 regulars that the would lose its value as a playoff tune up.
So, he did the best he could to work the refs (a miracle that Parker
didn't get tossed as hot as he was at several points) and keep his
players calm.  I'm sure BU players, and especially Parker, are used to
having opponents attempt to goad them into penalties.

On to the playoffs.  Let's just hope everyone gets healthy now.

Greg Weintraub
BU '97