From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 01:58:59 -0500
   I'm writing this in response to the post about Mike Grier and how BC
was trying to goad him in to getting penalties.  I agree, Mike is to be
commended for trying to skat away from fights, but I don't feel that any
ref(no matter how bad he is) will give a penalty to a guy for doing
nothing.  Mike had to have done something.  With the 10-minute
misconduct, maybe it was for something he said to a ref rather than
something he did to an opponent.  With the call when the defenseman was
holding Grier's stick and Mike yanked him down, that shouldn't have been
a penalty on Mike but maybe it looked like a hook to the ref.  Hockey
players are great actors as well and I have seen many dives and faked
injuries in order to get the call.  My thought is that the BC defenseman
had Grier's stick strategically placed to make it seem like a hook when
he fell.  I know I didn't see any of the incidents, but it's just hard to
for me to see a ref calling a penalty against somebody when they didn't
do anyhting at all.  My $.02 worth.

Holzinger for Hobey Baker!!!