From:
"Patrick L. Blake" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 1994 00:45:44 -0500
Date: 11 Dec 94 00:44:54 EST
From:  <PBLAKE AT FCCJ.BITNET>
To:    <HOCKEY-L AT MAINE>
Subject: Uncl: Boston Sunday Globe is Lame

From:  PATRICK BLAKE

Hi,

Just wanted to voice a gripe about the Boston Sunday Globe.

I live in Jacksonville, Florida where it's pretty difficult to get any college
hockey news. A local newstand carries the Boston Sunday Globe which can
usually be purchased for $5.00 and is usually a week late.

I bought the paper today and was hoping to see something relating to the
weekend games of Dec. 3+4 with BU at UMaine. There was nothing! The only
mention was that of a score of the Friday night game. Of course, there were
     recaps of many other Hockey East matchups from Friday night, but
absolutely NO mention of BU and UMaine. I know this is not normal, and was
wondering if anyone on hockey-l might be able to provide me with a clue as to
why this is.

I wonder if the lack of coverage was due to BU's performance or merely the
Boston area media's hatred toward UMaine.

Thanks

º Patrick L. Blake                      University of Maine Black Bears      º
º [log in to unmask]                            12-0-5 in '94                º
º [log in to unmask]                             "Is it deja vu yet?"            º