From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 08:45:08 EDT
>But this is a tentative schedule, and is subject to change (and I belive
>that it will.......)

I think every self-respecting RPI fan out there prays this is the case.  This
is the weakest schedule the Engineers have ever put together, and that's saying
a lot.  The entire strength of schedule will be determined by RPI's first game
against a loaded BU team (no offense intended Mike.)  Puts an awful lot of
pressure on a freshman goalie.

>Thu     12/29           RPI Invitational                5:30/8:30 PM
>Fri     12/30           (RPI, Maine, Merrimack, ?)      5:30/8:30 PM

Hey CCHA!  Need a couple of games to fill your schedule?  LSSU how about a
return to Houston Fieldhouse?  And echoing Ralph's question: what was the deal
with Miami of Ohio?  I heard the problem was fitting their NC games into their
league schedule, but I would think that things have opened up with the demise
of the program at Kent State.

Also, in response to Bri, I don't think most RPI fans harbor a lot of nostalgia
for the ECAC, at least the Ivy League teams.  Beating Harvard always has a very
special meaning for Engineer fans (and it does seem to be an annual event :-) )
but other than a couple of the original ECAC teams, especially Clarkson and St.
Lawrence, I don't see any special rivlaries.  And I doubt that all the ECAC
teams would "punish" an RPI migration by refusing to play them.  I would expect
to see RPI play the North County teams each season, alternating home and away
each year, the same as BU.  Union could easily be accomodated by including them
in the Xmas Tournament, which I personally feel is the most advantageous way to
build a Capital District rivalry.  Colgate would also probably continue to play
the Engineers, if only to maintain the history of competition between the two
schools.

But I still don't know if RPI will actually pull the trigger...
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY