From:
"Patrick L. Blake" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 06:16:45 -0500
Date: 31 Mar 94 06:14:51 EST
From:  <PBLAKE AT FCCJ.BITNET>
To:    <HOCKEY-L AT MAINE>
Subject: Uncl: whining to cable co. == BOTH GAMES LIVE!!

From:  PATRICK BLAKE

I called the local chapter of Continental Cablevision yesterday to see what
their plans were for airing the semi-finals here in Jacksonville. Apparently,
they had no plans to air either game. I proceeded to bitch to this person
about their lousy coverage all year, how NC$$ hockey gets less *respect* than
a death row inmate (in Florida), etc.

After 10 minutes or so, the man at the cable company staarted asking who was
playing, when the games were, etc. Then he said he'd check with Sunshine
Network Hdqrtrs in Orlando and get back to me.

He called back in less than a half hour and indicated they would show both
games live on an otherwise unused cable channel (# 47). Initially, they were
going to pick up the first game after they finished airing a repeat of a TB
Lightning game.

Hopefully, they'll remember that there are college hockey fans in this area
next fall when the new season starts.

My major goal this summer, will be to convince the cable people that Sunshine
Network deserves to be shown 24hrs/day instead of splitting the same channel
between Sunshine Network and Country Music Television. With any luck, we in NE
FL will see more than 2 regular season games next year.

On the positive side, they did air all four conference final games. Three of
them were aired back-to-back-to-back. That was pretty awesome considering
their past.

Hopefully, channel surfers here in Jax will come across the live action and
stop to watch. Just maybe, there'll be a couple extra college hockey fans here
for next year as a result of this.

Good luck to all the teams!!!

Go Gophers

Question - Can a Maine fan pull for B.U.?  Or is it considered blasphemy?
Patrick L. Blake

Go Maine - Redsox - Redskins - Oldtown Indians - Mighty Ducks, a la Paul Kariya