From:
"Laura M. Myott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura M. Myott
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 1994 22:49:25 -0500
This is my first post to hockey-l so please take it easy on the flames.  8*)

I would just like to give a point of information:  the ECAC is NOT the Ivy
League.  Several people on the list keep referring to the ECAC as the "Ivies,"
but such is not the case.  Yes, there are six Ivy League teams in the ECAC,
but there are also six non-Ivy teams (for the moment) that deserve just as
much recognition.  If you look back over the last four years, the top 4 places
in the ECAC have been split 2 and 2 between the Ivy and non-Ivy schools and
the ECAC Tournament has been won by non-Ivies.

I have nothing against the Ivies (well, as a Clarkson fan I may have a few
grudges against Harvard and Brown 8*) ), but those of us who are not Ivies
would like to recognized in the ECAC for who we are.  Neither side dominates
in the ECAC, and until all of us non-Ivies leave the ECAC to join the "much
stronger Hockey East," we prefer to be called the ECAC and not the "Ivy
stronger Hockey East," 8*) we prefer to be called the ECAC and not the "Ivy
League."

Laura Myott
Clarkson '94
(one of those non-Ivy, ECAC schools 8*) )

Clarkson '94
Clarkson '94
Clarkson University Pep Band

P.S.  Bring on the Burger King, oops, I mean Brown Band, we're ready and
      waiting. 8*)